Tough Luck Team of the Week - Let's face it. Losing is just tough luck, right? Should we choose the Elune Sentinels, who followed conventional wisdom and ended up losing by 2? How about the City 17 Freemen who had a huge loss after LT didn't show up yet again? Or is it the hapless Vikings, who have churned their roster over at least twice in search of a win? I can't answer this one... so I say it's a tie for all three, but feel free to vote in the poll.
Top Player Of The Week - Brandon Jacobs(NYG) - RB owned by the Elune Sentinels scored 25 in week 5. The top player of the week not started, is owned by the Sentinels, DeAngelo Williams (RB-CAR) scored 32. Even though the Sentinels fell to defeat last week, they do have the team to beat anyone.
The Sure It's A Win, but... Award - I am tempted to give this myself, the Gotham City Dark Knights, but I am giving it to the Broncos. Even though the Broncos recovered from a 3 game losing streak, at this point anyone who beats the Vikings is just adding insult to injury. Besides, their manager is my boss. Please, someone give them a win.
The Leaving It in the Bench Award - (For the losing team that left the most points on the bench for the week) The Elune Sentinels - 68 points on the Bench. With the right lineup, the Sentinels would be in first place right now.
Other Notable Players for Week 6 (Starters only)
- The Watchmen - QB - Ben Roethlisberger(PIT) - 25 points. Big Ben had a big week and a big win for The Watchmen. Aaron Rodgers also had 25 points, but wasn't started.
- GC Dark Knights - WR/T - T.J. Houshmandzadeh (CIN) - 20 points. TJ had two touchdowns for the BAGELS in a losing effort against the Cowboys.
- The Watchmen - K - Stephen Gostkowski(NE) - 14 points. Anyone surprised that the Watchmen have more than one player on the list?
- The Sharks - Def - Chicago - 18 points. Another week and another 18 point performance from Da Bears.
Buffalo Bills, KC Chiefs, Pittsburgh Steelers, Tennessee Titans
5 comments:
I don't remember how I voted but yeah, The Vikings have had it pretty rough. I'm going to drown thanks to those byes though...Big Ben finally actually has a good game, and now he's off for the week and I have to start Chad Penington :(. It's like starting Carson Palmer, only sadder, heh.
Now that's just mean. Carson Palmer could have big week... you never know
From Ragazzi Pazzi via email....
Congrats to the Watchmen...I happen to know their manager takes this very seriously...so we all have to watch out for them!
I'm playing them this week though, with an injured team with good players on a bye...so I hope for some good luck on my side.
You'll notice the nasty boys were absent from the recap this week. They sucked. AP is like LT...either they have great weeks or they stayed home and tivo'd the game.
Heads up to the league: I like to win, but I also like it competetive...so as my players pass their bye weeks I'm willing to do trading. I happen to have 3 decent RB's...and there is really no reason for one of them to sit on the bench every week.(Can't say the same for all my players. If you're eyeing my defense...I feel sorry for you!)
'see' you all on Sunday.
From The Broncos via email...
Hey I gave to win anyway I can. pathetic as it was it was a win.
At least Carson is a starting QB...I was holding onto one that I actually drafted who lost his starting job because he sucks. Besides, Carson has a cool football name-he might get good someday, you never know!
Post a Comment